The Wolf and the Lamb

 

The Wolf and the Lamb

One day, a wolf saw a lamb drinking water from the same source down at some distance. The cunning wolf thought of a plan to fool the lamb and eat him. So he shouted down at the lamb, "How dare you make the water dirty I am drinking?" "You must be mistaken, sir," said the poor lamb gently. "The water flows from you to me and not from me to you. So, I am not making the water dirty for you."

The wolf began thinking cunningly of some other talk to make an issue. "Do you remember calling me with all sorts of abusive words, just a year ago?" said the wolf to the lamb. The lamb replied, "But, sir, I was not born a year ago." The wolf said in a loud voice, “Then your father must have abused me long ago.” The lamb said, “I apologize on behalf of my father.” "You are arguing with me. Let me teach you and your family a good lesson." Saying this, the wolf jumped upon the poor lamb and killed him and ate him.

MORAL: Any excuse is good enough for a wicked person. Or,

    Any Excuse will serve a wicked person.

 

একদিন, একটি নেকড়ে কিছু দূরে একই উৎ থেকে একটি ভেড়ার বাচ্চাকে পানি পান করতে দেখল। ধূর্ত নেকড়ে মেষশাবককে বোকা বানিয়ে তাকে খেয়ে ফেলার পরিকল্পনা করেছিল। তাই তিনি মেষশাবকের দিকে চিৎকার করে বললেন, "আমি যে জল পান করছি তা নোংরা করার সাহস তোমার কি করে হল?" "আপনি অবশ্যই ভুল করছেন, স্যার," বেচারা মেষশাবকটি আস্তে করে বলল। "জল তোমার থেকে আমার দিকে প্রবাহিত হয়, আমার থেকে তোমার কাছে নয়। তাই, আমি তোমার জন্য জলকে নোংরা করছি না।" নেকড়ে একটা ইস্যু তৈরি করার জন্য ধূর্তভাবে অন্য কিছু কথা ভাবতে লাগলো। "তোমার কি মনে আছে, এক বছর আগে আমাকে সব ধরনের গালাগালি দিয়ে ডেকেছিলে?" নেকড়ে মেষশাবক বলল. মেষশাবক উত্তর দিল, "কিন্তু, স্যার, আমি এক বছর আগে জন্মগ্রহণ করিনি।" নেকড়ে জোর গলায় বললো, "তাহলে তোমার বাবা নিশ্চয়ই অনেক আগেই আমাকে গালাগালি করেছে।" ভেড়ার বাচ্চা বলল, "আমি আমার বাবার পক্ষ থেকে ক্ষমা চাইছি।" "আপনি আমার সাথে তর্ক করছেন। আমাকে আপনাকে এবং আপনার পরিবারকে একটি ভাল শিক্ষা দিতে দিন।" এই বলে নেকড়েটি বেচারা ভেড়ার ওপর ঝাঁপিয়ে পড়ল এবং তাকে মেরে খেয়ে ফেলল।

নীতিকথা- যে কোনো অজুহাত একজন দুষ্ট ব্যক্তির জন্য যথেষ্ট।

 

Or,

It was a hot summer day. A wolf felt thirsty. He went to a stream to quench his thirst. A lamb was also drinking water at the downstream. When the wolf saw the lamb, his mouth watered. The wolf wanted to eat it up. He wanted to make an excuse for it. He said, “Why are you making water muddy? Don’t you see I am drinking it?” “The lamb replied, “The water is flowing from you to me. How can I make it muddy?” The wolf was speechless.

After a few minutes, the wolf said, “Why did you abuse me last year?” The lamb replied “Sir, I was not born last year.”  “Then it must be your father or mother.” I will not forgive you”. Saying this, the wolf sprang upon the lamb. He tore him into pieces and ate him up.

Moral: Any excuse is good enough for a wicked person.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Write a dialogue between you and your father about the preparation of your exam.

Write an application to your Headmaster for full free studentship.

A liar shepherd / Punishment for lying / Nobody believes a liar